Sunday, January 10, 2010

Starting the new year off right.


I got a new fill on New Years Eve. I had gained a pound
in the 6 weeks since I had last seen my doctor. I felt some shame surrounding that because my goal had been to lose a pound a week, or at very least not gain any more weight.

So I started going to the gym and working out on my moms Nintendo Wii. I also started keeping a strict food journal where I wrote down everything I ate, even vegetables and fruits and I calculated how many calories, fat grams, etc, I had consumed for that day.

I went from 235.5 on the first of January to 229.3 as of today.

There is still much progress to be made.

I have quit smoking this year, which has proven to be a very daunting task. Every minute of every day, I want to smoke and it feels as though it gets harder and harder every day. I can't explain the phenomenon of craving.

What it is that drives me to self destruct?

I want this year to be a good year in all areas of my life. On December 15th I celebrated 2 years clean and sober and this was something I never thought I would accomplish.

So now it's time to do more meetings, exercise more, refrain from smoking and work a rigorously honest program. After all, no one will do it for me.

That's all for now, folks,
over and out.
Diane Herrera

No comments:

Post a Comment